As active campus community members, Facilities Management’s mission is to provide and maintain an environment that fosters learning and the betterment of humanity by creating a safe, sustainable, and aesthetically pleasing environment for the community while preserving the historical character of the campus.
Wok Order Request
Facilities Management is a service-oriented department committed to meeting the needs of students, faculty, and staff professionally and ethically by providing clean, safe, and comfortable facilities. Facilities Management staff work to create and maintain an environment conducive to pursuing Xavier Academy’s mission and core purpose.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – Noon
1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
* excluding holidays recognized by Xavier Academy
How to Request Service
If you have a maintenance request, please report it at the earliest possible opportunity. The Director of Facilities will review work orders and work into their schedule according to priority.
Receiving of Items
Our goal is to properly identify where items received must go and notify the recipient of the item(s) within one working day to ensure deliveries are not forgotten or lost.
- The Director of Facilities or authorized agent will accept deliveries between 8:30 a.m. to Noon and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding holidays recognized by Xavier Academy.
- The Director of Facilities will verify who the delivery is for. The Director of Facilities will notify the recipient to whom the item(s) is to be delivered of the delivery within 24 hours.
- The Director of Facilities will contact someone on staff for support when deliveries are too large or heavy for one person to handle safely.
- Only authorized personnel will accept deliveries.
- Persons authorized to receive deliveries are as follows:
- Director of Facilities
- Office Manager
- The Director of Facilities is responsible for keeping the warehouse neat and orderly.
Due to the limited space available to store items in the warehouse, the following policy was developed.
- Maintain tight control over what goes into the warehouse.
- Store only items that are declared surplus and are approved for storage.
- Keep the warehouse in order.
- Keep an accurate and up-to-date inventory of items stored in the warehouse.
- Publish a list of Furniture and Equipment available for use.
- Move furniture back into use at the earliest opportunity.
Nothing will be accepted or stored in the warehouse, exceptions:
- Printed material for Xavier Academy, copy paper, and letterhead for the Business Office.
- Custodial Paper products.
- Furniture and Equipment declared surplus and approved for storage by the Director of Facilities
- All other relevant stock items.
Nothing personal will be stored in the warehouse. Only items declared surplus by the department heads would be stored in the warehouse if approved by the Director of Facilities.
No furniture or Equipment will be moved into storage until it is tagged and/or logged into warehouse inventory.
To eliminate unnecessary moves, notify the Director of Facilities via e-mail before transporting furniture and large items to the warehouse. The item will be taken directly to the newly assigned area if another use is imminent.
The Director of Facilities is responsible for the warehouse; only items approved for storage will be allowed. The Director of Facilities will keep an up-to-date inventory of items in the warehouse. In addition, the Director of Facilities will ensure the warehouse is maintained in neat order.
SURPLUS FURNITURE AND EQUIPMENT WILL BE:
- Stored and available for use in other departments
- Sold to other schools or organizations
- Given to a selected charity.
- Sold for scrap
- If a department needs to store Furniture or Equipment for future use and does not want to make it available to other departments, they must provide a budget account # and rent off-site storage until Equipment is put back into service. The Department requiring storage off-site is responsible for the transfer of the Equipment to the storage facility.